Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Oven Baked Corn Dogs


Today we had a snow day. (Yes, we live in an area that is normally not associated with snow, but I will talk about that in a different post.) On the way home, I got a hankering (yes, I'm a Southern girl) for corn dogs. Corn dogs are not on my short list of foods I eat. Way too much fat. So, I improvised. Bubbie-boy and I made:

Oven Baked Corn Dogs

1-1/2 cups cornmeal
1-1/2 cups white wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup milk
2 pkg. hot dogs (we like 97% fat free by Hebrew National)

Preheat oven to 425ยบ. Mix together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl (or measuring cup) beat together eggs, oil and milk. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Dip hot dogs into cornmeal mixture. I found it best to coat one side, place that cornmeal side down on a parchment covered cookie sheet, and spread more cornmeal on top. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.

Remember when I said, "Bubbie-boy and I made . . ." Well, if it had just been me, I would have tried to make our corn dogs look a little better. But really, I feel much happier knowing that the Bubbie-boy felt good about himself because he helped Momma make dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment