Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Multi-Grain Pancakes (+ Additions)

My dear, sweet friend and neighbor, Lara, shared this recipe with me. She brought over the mix and the recipe card, and we were able to mix up pancakes when we needed them. We think they are our new favorite pancake recipe (and we LOVE pancakes).

Multigrain Pancakes
1 cup oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat bran
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups buttermilk
1/3 cup butter, melted*
3 Tbs. syrup*
2 eggs, beaten

*Because I cannot just leave well enough alone (and believe me, these pancakes are good just as they are), I always have to change something in a recipe. Today Bubbie-boy and I made them with the following changes:
replaced butter with oil
replaced syrup with 2 Tbs. brown sugar
added 1 tsp. vanilla
added 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Bubbie-boy's request)


Combine dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and cook on a hot griddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment