Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dinner of the Day

Egg Casserole

Over medium heat, saute 2 tsp. minced garlic in approximately 2 Tbs. olive oil. Add fresh baby spinach (amount depends on taste). Cover and cook over low heat until wilted.

In a 9"x13" pan sprayed with cooking spray, layer 1 pkg. Simply Potatoes (diced with onion), wilted spinach, 4 ounces chopped ham and crumbled goat cheese (amount to taste). Whisk 1 dozen eggs with milk or water and seasonings (I used salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder). Pour egg mixture into pan over potatoes and spinach. I baked this at 275º for about an hour and 15 minutes since I had to run kids to karate. It could also be baked at 350º for a lesser amount of time. Bake until a knife comes out clean.


I served this with:

Banana Blueberry Muffins

I simply made my favorite banana muffins:

2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Adding: 1 pint blueberries.

Topped with: Crumbs from blueberry granola

In a medium bowl mix flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.

In a separate bowl cream oil and sugar, add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Stir in milk and mashed banana and mix well.

Fold in flour mixture into the liquid ingredients until combined.

Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds of the way full.


Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 25 to 30 minutes.


Thoughts on this meal:
It's a keeper! Everyone loves eggs. It was quick and easy and I was able to let it cook while I was away. I really need to stock up on blueberries while they are on sale ($1.00 a pint!) Got the bananas at a great deal--$.89/3 pounds at Costco.

No comments:

Post a Comment