Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

A New Plan of Attack

Two new things:

1) I am making our noon meal our big meal--the one I do all the cooking for. Our evenings are simply too crazy and getting everyone fed has been all but a nightmare. So, I will make a nice hot meal for the children and myself and fix a plate for my dear husband to warm when he gets home. Not the best thing in the world, but my hope is that I will feed him happier food this way. I know that I am pretty happy about it as it is our first day, and I have this feeling of weightlessness because I do not have to cook this evening. Also a bonus, the children and I had a nice sit-down meal together.

2) I have been looking at "Menu Plan Monday" for quite some time now. It is hosted by Laura at Organizing Junkie I never seem to actually menu plan anymore. That ended sometime around the time Bubbie Boy was born, I believe. However, I am not going to post my menu plan for the entire week. Hopefully each day I will add what I made that day. This is more for me to keep up with what I have cooked, and hopefully have a better source of ideas to pull from. So . . . here goes!



Monday

*Grilled Turkey Tenderloin
- marinated in soy sauce, apple juice, garlic powder, ground ginger and canola oil. Sorry this was an eyeball and dump kind-of recipe--that is the way I cook.
*Steamed Brussel Sprouts
*Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Tuesday
*Meatloaf
*Potato Soup

- I winged this one. Diced some potatoes, carrots, garlic and onions. Brought that to a boil in chicken broth, then reduced to a simmer to cook through. Added a can of drained corn and some half & half. Then pureed slightly.
*Steamed Broccoli

Wednesday
*One Pot Italian Pasta
*Doctored Green Beans


Thursday
*Biscuit-Topped Chicken Pot Pie
*Homemade Applesauce

Friday
Hubby called and said, "Let's go out tonight." NO PROBLEM!!!

Saturday
*Gourmet Hamburgers
*The Best Potato Fries

Sunday
*
Grilled Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment