Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Arg!!! Can I Just Say, "ARG?"

O.K., so there seems to be a lot of things to say, "Arg," about right now. Granted, my life is good, really good, compared to a couple of my friends right now. Friends who are terribly, terribly sick. And, really, if I was just complaining, I wouldn't be brave enough to post about it. So, let's just say that I have been doing a lot of web surfing on topics such as:

1) Naturally cleaning the home
2) Homemade neti pot solutions
3) Gluten-free diet (Can I add, "YIKES!" to my "ARG?")
4) Colloidal silver

That's a lot of stuff to wrap a brain around, and the conflicting information abounds. Well, except for the gluten-free stuff. That seems pretty set in stone.

Happier stuff?

Sure!

I found a wonderful book at the library called The Meghan Method. The best thing about that find was that I wasn't looking for it. Snickerdoodle is growing up and has decided she wants a room decor upgrade. We can do that. We never really decorated a nursery for her, so I think we can do this. Truth be told, the whole house needs a decor upgrade, but we can start with her room. Nice small beginning space.

But I was feeling a little decorating stupid. I am really, really bad at this thing. But this book. THIS BOOK!!! Meghan made me feel so much better about my abilities. She is not an interior decorator, so there are no stupid rules like, "No ceiling fans," or "Only odd-numbered groupings." No! She believes you should decorate your space to fulfill what you hope to accomplish in the space. If it is the living room, everyone who uses the living room should get a say. After all, they live there too. The teenager's room? Well, mainly it is her space, so she should have the majority of the say. I agree. However, I do reserve financial backer rights. *GRIN* And, it is my house, which, sadly, she will not be living in forever. Matter of fact, that timetable is getting smaller and smaller every day. *Sigh.*

I can't wait to read more of the book and put it into practice.

"Even so, come Lord Jesus!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment