Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Homemade Graham Crackers


I purchased some graham flour from Azure Standard approximately two months ago, and it has been sitting in my pantry ever since. Until today. Today, I finally broke down and made graham crackers

2-1/2 c. graham flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 Tbs. butter, softened
6 Tbs. brown sugar
1/4 c. honey
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Combine graham flour, salt and baking soda in mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, honey and egg until well combined. Add butter mixture to flour mixture. Blend until it holds together.

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Dump dough (it will be dry and stiff) onto parchment paper, and roll to desired thinness with a rolling pin. Cut into desired shapes and prick with a fork.

Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden. Allow to cool so they will crisp up.

Verdict:

Mine turned out more like soft graham crackers--I didn't roll them thin enough. Also, they were a touch too salty. I will try to use 3/4 tsp. salt next time. Also, they were a tad too sweet. I will reduce the amount of brown sugar next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment